East coast park dating
Several bus services were moved to the interchange from Chai Chee Bus Terminal when it closed in 1985.
Bedok MRT Station opened in 1989 at the south of the original facility, complementing the bus interchange to serve people travelling within Bedok town and also the nearby East Coast Park.
After Singapore was colonised by the British in 1819, Simpang Bedok Village became an ethnically mixed community consisting of Chinese and Malay peoples.
Before the 1960s, Bedok's primary source of income was coconut, which was harvested from the plantations that were found in Siglap subzone.
This high demographic is largely explained by the affordable public housing in Bedok New Town, due to its relatively distant location from the Central Area.
There was a prominent mosque in the 1950s at Jalan Bilal that still used the drum about five times a day.
The map refers to the Bedok River (present day Sungei Bedok) as Sune Bodo.
Bedok is one of the early native place names in existence around the time of Sir Stamford Raffles.
Following the Fall of Saigon that same year, Bedok Jetty became a focal point for Vietnamese refugees landing in Singapore during Operation Thunderstorm.
Bedok Town had been developed since 1973 with the newer roads such as Bedok Plain, Bedok Highway and Bedok Heights being built all the way until 1975.